It is time to improve the appearance of your eyes and to visit us in the best ophthalmological clinic in Tenerife. Once one of our leading specialists has assessed you, it will be decided what type of blepharoplasty suits you. Take off those bags or excess skin and return to your look that splendor that has always had.
Go to Clínica Nivaria as soon as possible and take care of your eyes.
Do not worry, it is not an emergency for your health to undergo a blepharoplasty, but you do not have to wait any longer if you have the best specialists before you. The intervention, which is ambulatory, is very quick and simple.
One of our specialists will only have to define the type of intervention you need and check if you are suitable for surgery that, in principle, does not pose a danger. You can improve your visual health in just one hour, which is the duration of the surgery in both eyes (half an hour for each of them).
You will also not feel any pain, since at all times you will be induced to conscious sedation, that is, you will be awake during the whole process although in a state of reverie, which will allow you to be relaxed and not find out anything.
What types of blepharoplasty do we recommend?
There are three clinical possibilities to perform blepharoplasty. These are defined according to the area to be repaired:
- Lower blepharoplasty, which is responsible for treating those excesses of fat or skin that appear in the lower part of the eyelids. These tend to cause wrinkles to become visible, as well as dark circles, which can affect the person's self-esteem.
- Upper blepharoplasty, which makes it possible to compose the appearance of the upper eyelids, affected by protrusions of fat and accumulation of skin. In these cases, the so-called droopy eyelids originate, which can affect visual perception.
- Complete blepharoplasty, which is responsible for correcting the two problems shown above and affecting the upper and lower areas of the eyelids. Also the appearance of both problems can lead the patient to suffer occlusion in the axis of their eyes.
Obviously, there is usually a problem of self-esteem derived from the aesthetic vision it produces.
What are the recommendations you should follow after the eyelid operation?
After the operation, one of our specialists may indicate:
- Immediately, after the operation, apply cold in order to relieve inflammation, something normal after an intervention.
- Keep three days of relative rest, avoiding any sport.
- Sleep on your back and with your head slightly elevated to prevent the operated area from becoming more inflamed at night.
- For a week do not do any physical exercise.
- The specialist may recommend some pain relievers to mitigate eye strain.
- In the first two weeks, you will need to go outside with sunglasses.
Blepharoplasty experts are in Nivaria Clinic. Do not live with discomfort in your eyes. If you need an ophthalmologic exam to determine if you require an oculoplastic intervention, do not hesitate and contact our Ophthalmology Clinic in Tenerife. We will be happy to assist you and provide effective solutions.